Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Re-adjusting to life in NYC?

Having spent four months in Central America, it is quite a transition back into life in NYC as I knew it.  Even easing back into the US having been back through Miami and San Francisco, the transition will never be complete.  There are many personal developments I've made over the course of this journey which I have vowed to maintain in my life moving forward.  It is so important to understand how to live life in a way where you constantly are appreciative of what's around you.

Leaving such a stressful and fast-paced environment of being in graduate school and work while living in the city was the first step to realizing this.  Now, it is key to appropriately decide the next step...do I remain in NYC and find a new job where the environment is more appreciative of a work/life balance, or do I move to a location where the pace is more relaxed?  Either way, I am a go getter who will work to her greatest potential anywhere.  It is a judgment call which I'll have to make once more concrete offers stand before me.  

No comments: